Velux Loft Conversion
With this type of construction the roof line is unaltered and a room is simply created in your existing loft space. Velux windows are installed to fit flush with the line of the roof and leave the existing roof structure untouched. As they do not require extensive alterations to the roof this option helps keep the cost of the conversion down.
As the loft is not extended beyond the original roof line planning permission is not normally required.
2.3m Head room is required. If you suspect the existing headroom will not be sufficient to allow you to convert your loft â€“ donâ€™t worry. There are ways and means of getting around this, though extra cost involved.
Typical cost for this type of loft conversion starts from Â£15,000 for typical Victorian 2 storey mid terrace house to create single room.
This will include:
- Property Survey;
- Submitting of Planning application;
- Structural Calculations;
- Structural work;
- Supply and fit soft wood staircase with softwood spindles and banister;
- Installing chipboard loft flooring;
- Supply and fit 3 x Velux/Fakro 780 x 980 Skylights (2 x roof windows and 1 x fire escape window);
- Internal timber framed wall lining on 4 sides;
- Insulation as per British Building Regulations Part L;
- Plaster finish;
- Electric work to provide MK white 1 x pendant light, 1 x switch, 1 x double socket and 3 x interlink smoke detectors;
- Plumbing work to supply and fit 1 x Sterlad/Heatline compact radiator;
- Supply and fit 1 x FD30 internal door;
- Installing MDF Chamfered Skirting 94 x 18mm;