City Development Ltd is committed to incorporating principles of energy efficiency and reduces negative impact on the environment and the consumption of natural resources. We always look to improve performance while keeping in mind the health and comfort of our employees. The result is an optimal balance of cost, environmental, societal and human benefits while meeting the mission and function of the intended facility or infrastructure.
This policy is intended to promote and achieve protection and enhancement of the natural environment while improving and maintaining the built environment. A main board director is responsible for the implementation of the Groupâ€™s environmental policy. Regular monitoring of our environmental performance will be made and progress towards our goals will be reported upon.
Specifically we will be measuring our performance in five key target areas, namely:
- Energy management
- Environmental awareness training
- Vehicle emissions
Infringement of environmental regulations City Development Ltd is committed to conducting its business in a manner that is both professional and ethical whilst at all times paying particular attention to its environmental responsibilities.
These responsibilities will be discharged by implementing the following:
- Strict compliance with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations;
- The organisation of our operations in order to minimise pollution and disturbance to our neighbours and the general public;
- The efficient use of materials and resources with particular regard to the long term sustainability of consumable items;
- The establishment and maintenance of management structures within our operating companies and divisions with specific responsibility for the implementation of environmental policy;
- he establishment of targets to measure the continuous improvement in our environmental performance in key areas;
- Regular management reviews of the content and implementation of environmental policy with the objective of achieving continuous improvement in performance through the ongoing establishment of best practice;
We are committed to our environmental policy, to environmental protection and improved performance. The policy will be implemented in all that we do via the aims and objectives stated in this document.
Company director will be responsible for the environmental policy. He/She will monitor implementation and provide regular reports to the Environmental Advisor.
The objectives set out in this policy cannot be met effectively without the full co-operation of our staff, our clients and other business associates. Such co-operation is required from all City Development personnel and requested from all those with whom we interact.
Environmental aims and objectives
Wherever possible we promote the use of sustainable resources whilst going about our day-to-day activities. As an employer, we aim to:
- Ensure the effective management of resources thus reducing our impact on the natural environment
- Influence design and construction processes to ensure environmentally effective selection of materials and working methods
- Foster employeesâ€™ environmental awareness and concern, and integrate environmental management into training
- Encourage the participation of our subcontractors, suppliers and clients in our environmental goals
- Improve our performance year-on-year
List of strategies and processes set in place against which we can measure ourselves and improve our performance Although not exclusive, the following list indicates some of the key issues that will be considered in our business units:
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- We will recycle everything we can
Water and Energy
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy we use as much as possible.
- Lights, Machinery, Computers etc will be switched off when not in use, and heating adjusted with energy consumption in mind. The energy consumption of new products will be taken into account when making purchasing decisions.
Demolition Waste/Building Materials
- We will reduce amount of demolition waste by recycling as much materials as possible.
- We will seek to buy more environmentally friendly products.
- We will carefully calculate amount of building materials will be used to prevent it from over ordering and wasting.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Transport and Getting to Work
- We will promote the use of environmentally friendly forms of transport by staff, volunteers and clients.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
Monitoring and Improvement
- Monitoring environmental performance will be part of our yearly statistics and published in our annual report.
- We will monitor our energy consumption for improved environmental performance.
- We will monitor our use of paper and other office supplies to ensure a steady reduction in consumption.
- We will educate and involve staff in the implementation of this policy, aiming for greater commitment and improved environmental performance.
- We will record and measure our performance against considered targets appropriate to the business units and to report on these achievements.